PROVIDING GOODS AND SERVICES TO PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
The ALDO GROUP is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have, either on site or that we provide, which that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises
that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises. Fees will not be charged for support persons.
The ALDO GROUP will provide training to their associates.
Individuals in the following positions will be trained:
Cashier, Stock Coordinator, Sales Associates, Assistant-Manager, Manager
This training will be provided to new associates in their Orientation Program and current associates will be trained accordingly.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer
service standards plan.
- ALDO GROUP's related to the customer service standards.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal
or a support person.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing our products.
- Staff will also be trained when changes are made to your plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way the ALDO GROUP provides goods and services to people with disabilities
can do so verbally or by email from the banner website.
All feedback, including complaints, will be directed to the District Manager.
Customers can expect to hear back in less than 48 business hours.
MODIFICATIONS TO THIS OR OTHER POLICIES
Any policy of the ALDO GROUP that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will
be modified or removed.
This document is available upon request.